The composition teaching
I am expanding my online teaching activities to teach English-speaking students. The main topic is composition, but not limited. Few examples:
- various compositions techniques from the past to the present
- musical instruments and everything connected to them (extensions, preparations, recomposing)
- different types of instrumentation in the modern perspective, the boundary between acoustic and electronic sound (the awareness of a sound reproduction system as an independent instrument)
- notation and everything related to the recording of sound and non-sound ideas; performative bodily practices and their transition into sound and instrumental areas
- how the sound works in a theater, the specifics of working with text, working with a local and spatial sound
- my separate interest is the spatial experiences of music and the awareness of the spatial component as a compositional instrument.
The structure of all sessions will be carefully analyzed, discussed, and adapted to a student’s needs and preferences. From my teaching experience, most students usually take 4-6 months of weekly meetings to master a chosen topic.
I would love to hear from you: